In celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, the Citizen Lawyer Program (CLP) encourages students to sign up for one of the following service opportunities:
Sunday, January 18
- North Liberty Community Pantry, 4:30-7:30 p.m. 6-8 students needed. Assist with the Pantry's annual volunteer appreciation dinner so that regular volunteers can take a break as they are honored for their work.
Monday, January 19
- Iowa Valley Habitat for Humanity, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. 6-8 students needed. Assist with clean up and painting of the Habitat ReStore.
- North Liberty Community Pantry, Noon-2:00 p.m. 4-6 students needed. Help with cleaning and stocking shelves.
- Friends of Historic Preservation: The Salvage Barn, 4-6 students needed. Help inventory and move merchandise and clean the building.
- Johnson County Crisis Center, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. 4 students needed. Help stock shelves, clean, and sort inventory.
Sign up in the BLB lobby or the CLP office by noon on Friday, January 16. Students will be required to complete a waiver prior to participating on Monday.